Microsoft has released the latest Windows 11 build for insiders on its development channel. The new OS includes a revamped start menu, Cortana improvements and an updated Edge browser that supports WebVR.
The “windows 11 insider preview release date” is the new Windows update that has been released to the Dev channel. This update will be available for everyone on October 2nd, 2017.
In the Dev channel, Microsoft has released Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22468 to Insiders. It’s from the RS PRERELEASE branch, which isn’t connected to any particular Windows version. The builds from there include all of the latest updates as well as a desktop watermark.
Microsoft may or may not include the features included in these releases in the stable branch of Windows. They may be sent as part of cumulative updates or as part of significant feature updates. It is up to the Redmond software behemoth to determine whether or not they are prepared.
There are a few Features that are new in today’s update, speaking about today’s release. The build expiry for Dev Channel builds beginning with Build 22468 has been adjusted to 9/15/2022. Previous RS PRERELEASE branch Dev Channel builds will expire on October 31, 2021. Please upgrade to Build 22468 now to prevent this expiry. 10.0.22468.1000.rs prerelease.210924-1215 is the whole build tag. Your device must meet the minimum hardware requirements of Windows 11 in order to get it.
On the Dev channel, builds are produced that may have some very unpleasant issues. Switch to the Beta or Release Preview channels if you require greater reliability but still want to utilize Windows 11 builds. Those builds are the final versions of Windows 11, which will be released on October 5. Dev channel builds are being released ahead of the first release of Windows 11.
What’s new in build 22468 of Windows 10?
Features that are new
- You can now view some statistics regarding a VPN connection when you click it in VPN Settings.
- When hovering over the Search icon in the Taskbar, there is now an option to hide recent searches. Under Taskbar Behaviors under Taskbar Settings, you’ll find the choice.
Fixes that are critical
- A rare explorer.exe startup hang caused by loading the network icon was fixed.
- When hovering over the Search icon in the Taskbar, the flyout now appears more reliably.
- If you use the keyboard to go to the Search button in the Taskbar, the recent searches flyout will now be dismissed.
- When you pick the choices while right clicking recent files presented when looking for particular programs like Word, they should now function.
[File Explorer] (Windows)
- When you right-click files in OneDrive locations in File Explorer, the context menu no longer dismisses suddenly when you linger over items that launch sub-menus, such as “Open with.”
- When you double-click a network folder to access it, it will no longer attempt to pin it to Quick Access rather than open it.
- The right hand of the shruggie kaomoji _()_/ was not displaying in the proper place, as were apostrophes in certain situations, due to an underlying font problem.
- Your selected microphone input format (as defined in Sound Settings) should remain unchanged after this update.
- In Defragment and Optimize Drives, there was a problem where some drives were not showing up at all.
- We’ve fixed the problem that was preventing MDM-enabled PCs from upgrading to the prior release. These devices may now update to the current build without being blocked.
- When utilizing multiple displays with differing refresh rates, a problem that might cause unexpected flickering in some programs like Microsoft Edge was fixed.
- Mitigated a display-related problem that was causing a rise in bug checks for certain Insiders on recent flights.
- I worked on resolving an issue where the Windows Update symbol in the Taskbar would show but then vanish when you hovered over it.
- After sleep, an uncommon problem with some devices caused Wi-Fi to get locked in an off state, making it impossible to turn it back on.
- In specific instances, a problem with certain devices might cause the system to freeze.
The complete change log may be seen in the official announcement.
Windows 11 Build 22468 is available for download.
If you set your PC to get Dev Channel builds, open Settings (Win + I) – > Windows Update and click on the Check for Updates button on the right. This will install the latest available Windows Insider Preview for your device. Note that due to strict minimum hardware requirements, there is a chance that your not-that-old device will be thrown out of the Dev channel. There is a workaround that you can use to join it, but receiving future updates will remain pretty tricky. You can also build a custom ISO for installing this build from scratch.
Please help us.
Winaero is completely reliant on your help. Use these choices to assist the site keep giving you interesting and valuable material and software:
On September 29, 2021, Sergey Tkachenko posted in Windows 11
Sergey Tkachenko’s Biography
Sergey Tkachenko is a Russian software engineer who founded Winaero in 2011. Sergey writes about everything related to Microsoft, Windows, and popular applications on this site. Telegram, Twitter, and YouTube are all places where you may find him.
Watch This Video-
Windows 11 Build 22468 is out to the Dev channel. The build has been released to the Windows Insider Program and is available for download on Microsoft’s website. Reference: windows 11 insider preview to windows 11.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I exit the developer channel in Windows 11?
A: Open the Start button, then go to Settings. Then select Update & Security and then select About your PC under System in Windows 10. In Windows 8/8.1, you will need to open Charms Bar from the Notification area on bottom right corner of screen and click Search Settings in that menu window first before searching for About your PC
How do I switch from Dev channel to Beta channel?
A: You cant switch from the Dev channel to the Beta channel, so you have to update your console first.
What is the build number for Windows 11?
A: The build number for Windows 11 is 10526.
- windows 11 build 22468 iso download
- will windows 11 insider preview update to full version
- windows 11 latest build download
- windows 11 latest dev build
- windows 11 dev to stable