Microsoft is bringing VPN settings to its Windows 10 operating system. The new build allows people with a Microsoft account, who have gone through the setup process for their device or PC, to toggle between public and private networks. Why does this matter? For gamers, it will make connecting to different servers easier than ever before. Additionally, business users can enjoy the benefits of having access over their company’s network from anywhere in the world without leaving any trace on their computer back at home!
The “windows 11 paint” is the new Windows 11 build. The new build brings a VPN settings to light.
Claudiu Andone is a writer who lives in Romania.
Windows & Software Expert
Claudiu, a veteran of the computer and scientific press, is focused on everything fresh from Microsoft. His sudden interest in computers began when he was a child and saw the first Home Computer. However, his… Continue reading
- Microsoft has made the latest Windows 11 build 22468 available to Insiders in the Dev Channel.
- The latest update adds two new capabilities to the OS, allowing you to monitor VPN connection statistics and delete recent searches.
- There are also some patches and known problems that the Redmond behemoth is working on.
Microsoft has released a new Windows 11 Preview Build 22468 for Insiders in the Dev Channel.
Despite Redmond’s warnings about the dearth of new features in future releases, this one has a few new fascinating components as well as some critical bug patches.
The message also included a reminder regarding the Dev Channel builds’ expiry date:
The build expiry for Dev Channel builds beginning with Build 22468 has been adjusted to 9/15/2022. Previous RS PRERELEASE branch Dev Channel builds will expire on October 31, 2021. Please upgrade to Build 22468 now to prevent this expiry.
What’s new in Build 22468 of Windows 11 Preview?
As we said in the headline, there are two major new features, the most noteworthy of which is the ability to disable the display of recent searches.
When you hover your cursor over the Search icon on the Taskbar, you won’t be distracted by the previous searches.
A list of recent searches appears.
As seen in our image, you can now see a popup showing the most recent searches, but you may adjust this under Taskbar Behaviors in Taskbar Settings.
Another update is that you can now view connection data when you choose a VPN connection from VPN Settings.
What are the new build’s additional enhancements and fixes?
As mentioned by Microsoft, we’ll go through the most recent patches and known problems for the Windows 11 22468 Dev release.
- A rare explorer.exe startup hang caused by loading the network icon was fixed.
- When hovering over the Search icon in the Taskbar, the flyout now appears more reliably.
- If you use the keyboard to go to the Search button in the Taskbar, the recent searches flyout will now be dismissed.
- When you pick the choices while right clicking recent files presented when looking for particular programs like Word, they should now function.
File Explorer is a program that allows you to browse your files.
- When you right-click files in OneDrive locations in File Explorer, the context menu no longer dismisses suddenly when you linger over items that launch sub-menus, such as Open with.
- When you double-click a network folder to access it, it will no longer attempt to pin it to Quick Access rather than open it.
- The right hand of the shruggie kaomoji _()_/ was not displaying in the proper place, as were apostrophes in certain situations, due to an underlying font problem.
- Your selected microphone input format (as defined in Sound Settings) should remain unchanged after this update.
- In Defragment and Optimize Drives, there was a problem where some drives were not showing up at all.
There are a few more noteworthy modifications to highlight.
- We’ve fixed the problem that was preventing MDM-enabled PCs from upgrading to the prior release. These devices may now update to the current build without being blocked.
- When utilizing multiple displays with differing refresh rates, a problem that might cause unexpected flickering in some programs like Microsoft Edge was fixed.
- Mitigated a display-related problem that was causing a rise in bug checks for certain Insiders on recent flights.
- I worked on resolving an issue where the Windows Update symbol in the Taskbar would show but then vanish when you hovered over it.
- After sleep, an uncommon problem with some devices caused Wi-Fi to get locked in an off state, making it impossible to turn it back on.
- In specific instances, a problem with certain devices might cause the system to freeze.
After general availability on October 5th, some of the patches mentioned below may find their way into service updates for the published version of Windows 11.
Issues that have been identified
- Users upgrading to newer Dev Channel builds using the newest Dev Channel ISO from Builds 22000.xxx or older may see the following warning message:
Flight Signed is the build you’re attempting to install. Enable flight signing to continue installing.
If you see this notice, hit the Enable button, restart your computer, and try again with the update.
- Some users may notice a reduction in screen and sleep timeouts. Shorter screen and sleep timeouts may have an influence on energy usage, which we’re looking at.
- When using Search from Start or the Taskbar, you may be unable to input text in certain circumstances. If the problem persists, open the Run dialog box by pressing WIN + R on the keyboard, then dismiss it.
- When switching input methods, the Taskbar will sometimes flicker.
- We’re looking into complaints that Notification Center will become stuck in a situation where it won’t start in recent releases. If you’re having trouble with this, rebooting explorer.exe can help.
- The Search panel may not open after clicking the Search button on the Taskbar. If this happens, close the search panel and restart the Windows Explorer process.
- The search panel may seem dark, with no text underneath the search field.
- It’s possible that the widgets board is empty. You can get around the problem by signing out and then back in again.
- External displays may show widgets in the incorrect size. If this happens, start the widgets on your primary monitor first, then on your other displays, using touch or the WIN + W shortcut.
Microsoft also mentioned the new Paint version for Windows 11 in the same presentation, but we already knew that.
What are your thoughts on the new features and fixes? In the comments area below, please share your ideas.
Was this page of assistance to you? 1
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
Watch This Video-
The “windows 11 release date” is the first major update to Windows 10 since its release. The new build brings VPN settings to light.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the newest Windows 11 build?
A: The latest Windows 11 build is 1709.
Will there be a Windows 11?
A: Microsoft does not release operating systems for their PCs.
When did Windows 11 release?
A: Windows 11 was released in September 2019.
- windows 11 tweaker
- windows 11 build 22468 iso download
- windows 11 latest build download
- windows 11 build 22468 download
- windows 11 vpn shortcut