There are 5 ways to turn off your phone without using the power button. It is important to know how to do this so that you can preserve battery life and avoid accidentally turning on or off a device when not intended.
The “how to turn on your phone without the power button and volume button android” is a guide that shows you 5 different ways to turn off your phone.
To switch on and off cellphones, there is a specific power button. What if your power button isn’t functioning anymore? Have you ever been in a similar situation? Well, we constantly aim to provide answers to your day-to-day tech-related questions, which is why we’ve compiled a list of the best methods to switch off your phone without using the power button in this article.
The power button may perform a variety of functions, including rebooting, booting into the bootloader, making emergency calls, and so on. It will not operate if the power button is damaged or loose. You also can’t use the power button to switch on or off the Android phone.
So, what’s a person to do in such a situation? This post will show you how to switch off your phone without using the power button.
The Best Ways to Turn Off Your Phone Without Using the Power Button
To switch off your Android phone, use Method 1: Schedule Power On/Off.
Schedule On and Off is a feature that may be found in various Android devices. The feature’s name tells it all, therefore there’s no need to explain it. However, you should be familiar with how to utilize this function on your phone. It comes in handy when your phone’s power button quits functioning and you need to switch it off without it. On the majority of phones, this option is accessible.
To do so, follow the instructions below:
- On your phone, go to the Settings option.
- Look for a schedule.
- Then there are several associated options, such as Schedule On/Off.
- To go to the selected Settings page, click on it.
- The option to Set Time to Power Off is now visible.
Set it to the nearest time if you wish to power off right away.
- When the timer runs out, your Android phone will switch off without the need to press the power button.
Method 2: Use the Settings Option to turn off the phone.
If you ever find yourself unable to switch off your phone using the power button, go to your phone’s settings.
Follow the steps below to get started:
- On your phone, go to the Settings menu.
- Look for alternatives such as “power off,” “turn off,” or “switch off.”
- If your phone has this feature, it will display all of the settings for it.
- It will prompt you to choose the appropriate choice.
- You’ll now go to the main Settings section to find it.
- To turn off your phone without using the power button, look for the option Power Off/Turn Off/ Switch Off and click it.
Method 3: Make use of third-party applications
This is the most popular way to switch off a phone that does not have a power button. All you have to do is click the app to go to the power menu without having to touch the power button.
In the Playstore, you’ll find a plethora of third-party apps. Accessibility permission is required for these applications. Install any app that has a Power button. We’re utilizing the Power Button to Volume Button app in this example. Check the selections for ‘boot’ and’screen off,’ allow permissions, and activate the service.
This program substitutes the power button on your smartphone with the volume button. The volume button on your smartphone may be used to start it up or switch the screen on and off.
Using Assistive Touch as a Method 4
You’re in luck if your Android phone has an Assistive Touch function by default. But don’t worry if it isn’t! From the Play Store, you may download an Assistive Touch app.
If you wish to switch off your phone without using the power button, follow the instructions below:
- Install the Assistive Touch app on your device.
- Open the app and provide the necessary permissions.
- Go to the Custom Menu in the App.
- Now, in one of the panels, add the Power option.
- Return to the Assistive icon and click it.
- When you click the Power icon, a menu of power choices will appear.
- To switch off your phone, choose Power Off.
Remap the Power Button (method 5)
You can simply remap buttons if your power button isn’t functioning but the rest of your buttons are. To put it another way, a button on your phone that you don’t use very often may be your next Power button. It will do all of the same operations as the power button (lock/unlock, power off, and power on).
To learn how to remap buttons, follow these steps:
- From the Play Store, download and install the Buttons Remapper app.
- Allow Accessibility permission by opening it and granting it.
- Return to the app and turn on the Service.
- Now choose the key you wish to remap by clicking the Plus button. We’ve chosen the Volume Down key in this example.
- Select the Power menu from the Action box and click OK.
- Press the Volume Down button after you’re finished. The Power Menu will appear.
- That concludes our discussion. The Volume Down button may now be used to turn off your phone.
We hope that these solutions assist you in turning off your phone without using the power button. All of these ways are compatible with Android phones. So, which way is your favorite? If you know of another way to switch off the phone without using the power button, please let us know. We’ll also add that.
Watch This Video-
The “how to power off phone if power button is broken” is a guide that will tell you how to turn off your phone without the power button. This is useful when your power button has been broken and you can’t use it.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I turn off my Android without the power button?
As a general rule, to turn off your Android device it is best to press and hold the power button. If that does not work then try pressing down on the volume control less than 3 times (determining how long you have been holding until releasing)
How do I turn my phone off without the power button?
A: To turn your phone off without the power button, go to Settings -> Power and then tap on Screen. Then select Off under the Lock screen timeout.
How can I turn on my Android without power button?
A: The most common way to do this is to press the volume button and power button on your same side of phone. If it doesnt work, try holding down both buttons for 3-4 seconds until you get a screen with an exclamation point in red, then release those buttons before continuing.
- how to turn off android phone without touch screen
- turn off phone without power button samsung
- how to turn off your phone without the power button iphone
- how to turn on phone without power button
- restart my phone without power button